Connecting to Wireless
Note: If you are unable to connect, try these steps a second time. If the problem still persists, you can submit an Ask ResTek ticket.
iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod)
- Select the wireless network “WWURestek-secure”.
- When prompted, accept the certificate.
- Enter your WWU Universal account username and password
- Open “Settings” from the menu on your Android device.
- Under the “Connections” heading, select “Wi-Fi”
Be sure to toggle the switch next to Wi-Fi to enable your device’s Wi-Fi
- A list of available wireless networks will appear below. Select WWUResTek-secure.
- A box for the WWUResTek-secure will open. In the “Identity” and “Password” fields, enter your universal ID and password in their respective boxes.
If you have more then one option for “CA certificate” select “Do not validate”
You should now be able to connect to the WWUResTek-secure network on your Android device!
- Disable 3G on the phone and enable WiFi.
- Connect to WWUResTek-help.
- Download ResTek’s certificate file from http://restek.wwu.edu/files/ca.crt on your phone.
- Go to Manage Connections.
- Scroll down to Set Up Wi-Fi Network.
- Click Next.
- Click on Scan for Networks.
- Scroll down to WWUResTek-secure and click on it.
- Make sure Security Type is PEAP.
- Use your universal login for user name and password.
- Under CA certificate, select the WWUrestek-secure 802.1X RootCA certficate. It will be located at the bottom of the list and have a yellow question mark (not a green check or red ‘x’).
- Scroll down and click Connect.
- If it displays Connection Successful, press Next, then Finish. You’re phone may say “Failed to connect” and ask if you want to save anyway. Say yes.
- Wait a couple minutes and see if the WiFi logo says you are connected.
Windows Phone 7
- Download the file certificate file and open it.
- Follow the prompts to install the certificate.
- Go to the WiFi settings and connect to WWUResTek-secure.
- When it asks you for credentials, use your universal ID and password.
Windows Phone 8.1
- Tap the “Settings” tile.
- Select the “system” tab.
- Tap “Wi-Fi”.
- Tap the slider next to Wi-Fi to enable your device’s Wi-Fi radio.
- A list of available wireless networks will appear below.
- Select the WWUResTek-secure
- Enter your Universal Login in the “User name” field.
- Enter your Universal Password in the “Password” field.
- When asked, “Accept certificate and connect?” tap accept.
- You should now be connected to the WWUResTek-secure network on your Windows Phone!
- Find the MAC Address of your kindle. (from home, Menu > Settings, under Device Info it’s the Wi-Fi MAC Address)
- Once you have found your device’s MAC Address, you can Register Your Device.
- Once your device is registered, you can connect it to the WWUResTek-alt network.