Wired (Ethernet) connection: Instructions for setting up a wired connection
Wireless (Wi-Fi) Instructions:
Get Connected: instructions for wireless connection
Network Settings: simple troubleshooting for a common problem
Forget the Network: If you have previously connected to the WWUwireless-Secure network and have recently changed your Universal ID password, try forgetting the network to reset your network’s saved password.
- From the list of available Wi-Fi networks, select WWUwireless-Secure.
- To install the Certificate, select continue on the pop-up dialogue. Then, you will need to enter the password to your computer account (or an administrator of the machine) This is not your WWU account. It is the username and password to your computer.
- You will be prompted a second time for a username and password after the certificate successfully installs. This is the authentication for the wireless network. You will need to use your Universal ID and password for WWU.
You are now connected to the WWUwireless-Secure network.
Follow these troubleshooting steps to make sure your computer is set to automatically obtain an IP address from the network. If you are using these instructions to troubleshoot your connection, you should open your web browser and attempt to visit a website once you have saved the changes.
- Go to Apple > System Preferences and click “Network” at the top.
- Check that the correct network adapter is selected (Most likely “Built-in Ethernet”) and click TCP/IP
- Select the “Configure IPv4” drop-down menu and make sure that “Using DHCP” is selected.
- If it was not, select it and click “Apply Now”
- Open a web browser to check your connection.